Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Taking my own advice.



As I was feeding my kids breakfast and shoving some bagel in my own mouth this morning, I did the usually twitter scan. I saw all these posts about a kid named Sterling Davis & major brain surgery so naturally I checked it out. Amazing story & they are still on a crazy ride with Sterling's surgery today - check out their blog. After already having wet eyes, I thought I should check in with libby ryder's story. I was bawling by 7:30 in the morning while watching my kids eat breakfast.

If I am honest, this was a great way to start my day - with prayer, perspective and humility. Prayer for these families, perspective on what I so often dwell upon, and humility to remember who God is and what he has done for me. Today in honor of Sterling and Libby, I choose to celebrate life.

I made it a point to video tape my kids playing this morning and I took my camera to the park! These days pass us quickly and I don't want to forget.

*On the website front..I sigh. My awesome designer hubby had a last minute design project come in over the weekend that was a pressing matter so the website will hopefully happen this week. But I will not obsess today...it will happen.

No comments: