Saturday, May 15, 2010

Matt & Meghan








Where do I start?! Well I have known Matt since he showed up at UD & our paths crossed a lot with mutual friends and interests. He has remained a friend over the years and actually has been a great friend to my husband. This will also be our 3rd wedding together that he was in & I have photographed - his first being the groom of course :)
Meghan showed up a few years later while I was working at the BSM at UD and we became fast friends. To say we have a lot in common is an understatement, but I think what we enjoy most (other than Jesus and Starbucks) is a similar sense of humor. We like to laugh at the same ridiculous sorts of things that no one else thinks is funny - "how ya derrin'?" - "I don't know whatchu wan' me to tell ya".
Matt & Meghan's story is kind of funny...their worlds were intertwined but they didn't actually meet or get to know each other for a long time. When they finally started hanging out last summer it led to an engagement on New years :) I couldn't be happier for the both of them! They are one of those couples to me that just "makes sense," like why didn't we try to set them up sooner?! But we know why, God's timing is perfect!
So this is a special post to me for a lot of reasons...being around fresh and genuine love is a fabulous thing and even better when it's people you care about. This shoot made me so excited for their wedding day this July. And I am not lying when I say that I smiled, literally laughed out loud (but won't post those pics), cried and danced in front of my computer while editing these images. And because I can't blog all 127 of them...here's a handful to share with you!

And for any of you photogs out there who care, I shot this session with an 85mm 1.8...that thing is seriously like butta' and it's mixture with the yummy early evening light...mmmmmm
Ok so that's a lot from me today but I had a lot to say.

No comments: